*new* FAQ page: http://www.blastwavefx.com/blog/2010/03/26/competition-faq/
1. Submit: A 0:30 – 0:45 second video with stereo soundtrack. The total length should include the intro and outro video clips provided in the Competition Download Pack.
2. You must use at least three sound effects from the competition download pack. You may process and distort these effects, but they must be somewhat recognizable. There are no limits to what sounds you can use- dialogue, other sound effects and even music is allowed.
3. The intro and outro video clips must be used, and we encourage you to sound design them.
4. Entries can be any style: real/surreal, with or without dialogue, with live actors, documentary style interviews, motion graphics, animation, etc. Some participants will inevitably disagree with the wide-open format, but we want to encourage as much outside-the-box thinking and creativity as possible.
5. Judging Criteria
- How well the soundtrack supports the video or the video supports the soundtrack.
- Exemplification of the question, "What is the role of sound for picture?"
- Structure and flow from beginning to end.
6. The judges will evaluate the intro, outro, and everything in between.
7. The Winner must be prepared to describe how they created their entry, such as what kinds of editing software and plug-ins were used, where they acquired the video footage, etc.
8. Audio specs: 16-bit 48 kHz or 44.1 kHz stereo .wav file.
9. Video specs: H.264, 1280 x 720, 29.97 FPS, Quicktime
10. Submit entries by May 5, 2010 (new deadline).
- Upload video to You Tube.
- Include “Blastwave FX and Avid Competition” and your name in the title.
- Email the URL link to email@example.com with “Competition Link” in the subject line. You will receive a confirmation email within five days upon submitting.
11. If you are one of the top twenty finalists, we will request the original Quicktime video.
12. The one winner will receive a Turnkey Post System (see Info section above).
13. Participants release all ownership rights related to their audio/video to Avid and Blastwave FX.
14. Participants’ names will be withheld from judges.
15. The winners will be announced on at the end of May, 2010.
To register visit: www.blastwavefx.com/avid